My name is Jessica Ete (pronounced "eh-tay"...you may see this written with accent aigus elsewhere because no-one knows how to say it). I was born and raised in London. Languages, frameworks and tools I've worked with in the past include:
...and of course, jQuery!
- The Royal Pharmaceutical Society
Feb 2019 - Nov 2019Worked as a senior backend developer in a challenging team. Whilst there I worked on greenfield Scala/Slick projects as well as some of our legacy Play applications. I also gained more Dev Ops experience by contributing to the Puppet and Terraform configuration and learning about user administration in the LDAP directory.
Jul 2017 - Feb 2019I worked as a backend software engineer on the Growth team and worked on a variety of projects, mostly older Rails applications though our more recent services were written in Scala. I also had the opportunity to coach at Rails Girls, get involved with the Tech Org's Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging committee, participate in the Functional Programming in Scala reading group and I even gave a short tech talk about the work we had done in Scala during our Consumer Engineering Conference.
I'm actually on LinkedIn but I still haven't really worked out what I'm supposed to use it for. I worked in IT for a few years after sixth-form but, like, I don't anymore.
You may or may not be interested to know that:
- I'm not French (sorry)
- I tend to score as an INTP when I take MBTI tests but it's been a while
- I listen to music sometimes - mostly just alternative or whatever passed for punk back when I was thirteen. Increasingly, I find I listen to far too many podcasts
- Back in late 2017 I took up dance, specifically Zouk. I apparently no longer suck at it which, considering how rubbish I was at PE as a kid, is pretty good!
- I know a mouse-hunter named QT. Saying that I own him makes me feel guilty but, like, I did pay for him once. I think he likes me
- In 2015 I thought doing this to a laptop was a good idea
- I have a Twitter account if you'd like to follow/tweet.