My name is Jessica Ete (pronounced "eh-tay"...you may see this written with accent aigus elsewhere because no-one knows how to say it). I was born and raised in London. Languages, frameworks and tools I've worked with in the past include:
...and of course, jQuery!
Jul 2017 - Present
I currently work as a backend software engineer on the Growth team at Deliveroo. At Deliveroo I've worked on a variety of projects, mostly on older Rails applications though our most recent services have been written in Scala. I have also had the opportunity to coach at Rails Girls, get involved with the Tech Org's Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging committee, participate in the Functional Programming in Scala reading group and I even gave a short tech talk about the work we had done in Scala during our Consumer Engineering Conference
I'm actually on LinkedIn but I still haven't really worked out what I'm supposed to use it for. I worked in IT for a few years after sixth-form but, like, I don't anymore.
You may or may not be interested to know that:
- I'm not French (sorry)
- I tend to score as an INTP when I take MBTI tests but it's been a while
- I listen to music sometimes - mostly just alternative or whatever passed for punk back when I was thirteen. Increasingly, I find I listen to far too many podcasts
- I know a mouse-hunter named QT. Saying that I own him makes me feel guilty but, like, I did pay for him once. I think he likes me
- I have a laptop at home named kandiStryp and a custom desktop named medea. kandi's seen better days.
- I have a Twitter account if you'd like to follow/tweet.